Outstanding Email Marketing Examples of Defensive Design
Defensive design consists of design techniques that allow an email to communicate its message effectively when images are blocked.
The most common defensive design tactics include:
- HTML text, as opposed to graphical text that embedded in images
- ALT text, which is text that appears in the place of your images when they are blocked
- Styled ALT text, where you change the default size, color, style, and other attributes of your ALT text
- Background colors that you apply to table cells
- Mosaic pixel art, where you use background colors on elaborate table cell structures to create 8-bit art style images
This slide deck shares real-world examples of how to use these tactics to improve the email experience for those whose email clients block the images in their emails and those who choose to disable the images in the emails they receive.