The 5 Biggest Disruptors to Email Marketing’s Status Quo
To get a sense of what lay ahead, Litmus asked 20 experts: “How will email marketing and the subscriber experience change by the year 2020?”
Collected in our Email Marketing in 2020 report, their predictions cover inbox functionality, email service provider functionality, email design, production workflows, organizational structures, deliverability, regulations, and more.
While every prediction is interesting and thought-provoking, five of them are particularly big disruptors to email marketing and how it works today:
- Brands will stop creating email campaigns because machine learning and automation will completely redefine what a “campaign” is.
- Subscribers will be able to opt out of tracking.
- Marketers will have to cater to an entirely new audience: machines.
- Email messages will morph into push notifications.
- Email messages will morph into mailable microsites.
For a full discussion of each of these disruptions,…