Litmus: 2021 State of Email Report
If you want to keep your finger on the pulse of changes in the email marketing industry, then Litmus’s 2021 State of Email Report is a must-read. The 43-page report is packed full of survey data and insights around 5 trends:
- Email marketing is increasingly critical to business success. There’s no question: Email has always been important. But now? It’s essential.
- Personalization and automation are must-haves. While not new, personalization and automation are no longer nice to
have someday. The time is now.
- Privacy measures are forcing strategies to change. Industry trends to protect privacy are impacting marketing’s ability to
do personalization well.
- Brands are looking to agile marketing to meet email demand. Production cycles are getting longer while volume
is increasing. Burnout is real.
- Marketing must embrace the state of the world. Email programs are adjusting and even joining the conversations
with world events, tragedies, and changes.
I was fortunate to get a sneak peak at some of the key findings and to be invited to comment on them. My comments focused on those last 3 trends. To check out what I said, the comments from the other expert contributors, and all the survey results…