What Is a Conversion? And Is an Email Conversion Different?
Conversions are a critical metric for most email programs. However, in part because email programs have a bunch of secondary goals that are unique from the business’s goals, the definition of a conversion has become more than a little hazy, creating misalignments at some brands.
To clarify the definition, we asked 5 experts to share their thoughts on the issue:
- Alex Birkett, Growth Marketer at ConversionXL
- Steve Linney, Founder of eMRKTNG
- Erin King, Sr. Email Marketing Manager at Litmus
- April Mullen, Sr. Marketing Strategist at Selligent
- John Caldwell, President of Red Pill Email
To learn the difference between micro-conversions and macro-conversions, email conversions and website conversions, direct conversions and indirect conversions, and conversions and conversions to sale, then…