Why the Rebirth of Email Marketing Is Coming in 2016
Email marketing was ignored, under-resourced, and declared uncool and dead during the rise of social media. Now that leased media is morphing into paid media and paid media is morphing into blocked media, brands are returning to permission-based email marketing to find that it has new synergies, powerful new capabilities, broader integration, and fresh blood.
This is the premise of 5 predictions for email marketing in 2016 that I shared on the Convince & Convert blog:
- We’ll see many more positive media stories about email marketing than negative in 2016.
- The majority of email opens will occur on mobile devices in 2016.
- The majority of brands will use responsive design for their marketing emails in 2016.
- Another major ESP will be acquired in 2016 by a software titan.
- The first brands will offer checkout experiences that are fully contained within emails in 2016.
For all the details on these predictions and more on how email marketing is changing,…