Summer Edition of the Email Marketer’s Holiday Planning Checklist
Holiday planning for retailers is almost a year-round endeavor, but it starts getting serious during the summer months. To help retailers plan their email marketing campaigns, I’m writing a series of holiday planning checklists for Internet Retailer Magazine, the first of which is live now.
In it, I advise retailers to:
- Adopt a mobile-friendly email design
- Make mobile-friendly improvements to your website
- Launch a cart abandonment or browse abandonment email
- Warm up new IP addresses for the holiday season
- Test your online email signup forms
- Review your email opt-in calls-to-action for your stores and call centers
- Identify opportunities to improve your holiday messaging
- Explore your swipe file
- Start on the “dream big” email now
For the full details on each of these recommendations, which include a lot of tips and stats just for retailers…
And for even more holiday planning advice, check out our 2014 Email Marketing Holiday Calendar.