On-Demand Webinar: Understanding the Mailbox Provider Landscape
The mailbox provider landscape continues to be dynamic, with ongoing unannounced changes to email filtering and reputation algorithms. That means ongoing headaches for email marketers.
During this 43-minute on-demand webinar, Oracle CX Marketing Consulting’s Clea Moore helps lessen the pain of these changes by catching you up on what the major mailbox providers have been up to so you can take action appropriately. She discusses the market share of the major mailbox providers in the US: Google’s Gmail, Microsoft’s Outlook.com and Hotmail, and Verizon Media Group’s AOL, Yahoo Mail, and Verizon.net. And then the talks about recent changes at those mailbox providers, including:
- Gmail’s rollout of Email Annotations
- Gmail’s filtering changes last fall that dropped unique open rates 2-3 percentage points
- How Gmail miscategorizing emails earlier this year demonstrate the dangers of having promotional emails appear in the Primary tab
- Early results from Yahoo’s test of BIMI
- How Yahoo’s early retirement of abandoned email accounts has caused a spike in bounces
- Verizon Media Group’s goal of monetizing promotional emails by selling view time optimization (VTO) and deliverability and performance feeds to marketers
- The migration of Outlook.com, Hotmail and Live.com accounts to Office365’s backend infrastructure
- The recent difficulties in warming up new sender IPs and domains with Microsoft’s mailboxes
- And much, much more.
Moore concludes by talking about the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on email deliverability and her four recommendations for how marketers can adapt to the ever-changing mailbox provider landscape.