6 Shocking Subject Line Myths
Subject lines are the most written about email marketing element, and they’re probably the most misunderstood as well. The internet is full of bad subject line advice that gets endlessly echoed until it has the ring of truth to it.
Here are six myths about subject lines that you may believe are true:
- Subject lines have the biggest impact on whether a subscriber opens an email.
- Subject lines can only impact email open rates.
- The subject line’s one and only goal is to get subscribers to open the email.
- To compel subscribers to open, subject lines need to grab their attention with provocative and intriguing language.
- The worst thing that can happen to an email is that it isn’t opened.
- If an email isn’t opened, then it’s like you never sent it.
For the truth about email subject lines…