5 Reasons List-Unsubscribe Concerns Are Overblown
Apple’s iOS 10 Mail added support for list-unsubscribe, but the large “easy unsubscribe” banners that appear in marketers emails appear to be driving up opt-outs. Here are 5 reasons why marketers shouldn’t panic…
- Unsubscribes are not inherently bad, since they don’t harm deliverability and may not harm revenue.
- Brands have made it too difficult to unsubscribe and don’t honor opt-outs quickly enough.
- Email users trust native opt-out mechanisms more than the ones supplied directly by brands.
- Enabling list-unsubscribe reduces spam complaints, which in turn improves deliverability.
- List-unsubscribe isn’t new. Apple’s adoption follows Gmail (2009) and Microsoft (2007).
For a full discussion of each of these reasons…